Silversea Cruise Line is one of the world’s most luxurious ocean cruise companies. It has been voted the World’s Best Cruise Line nine times by Conde Nast Traveler readers and seven times by Travel & Leisure readers. The fleet consists of six high-end ships fitted out with every convenience that luxury travelers could want.
- Silver Cloud launched in 1994 as Silversea’s first ship. It accommodates 296 guests, and includes three restaurants, a casino, and beauty treatments in the sumptuous spa.
- Silver Wind launched in 1995. It is identical in size and quality to the Silver Cloud. It accommodates 296 guests, and includes the same on-board facilities.
- Silver Shadow, launched in 2000, accommodates 382 guests in spacious comfort. Onboard facilities include three restaurants, a casino, beauty spa, and six passenger decks.
- Silver Whisper, launched in 2000, accommodates 382 passengers and is comparable in size and features to its twin ship, the Silver Shadow.
- Silver Spirit, launched in 2009, is Silversea’s largest ship, accommodating 540 guests and including 8 passenger decks. There are six restaurants, an outdoor pool with a whirlpool, a casino, and a fitness center.
- Silver Explorer is an expedition ship, used on cruises to traverse less hospitable waters like the Chilean fjords. It accommodates 132 guests who can eat at the formal restaurant or the outdoor grill.
Silversea Cruise Line has an open-dining policy, meaning that guests can dine in their choice of restaurant, when and with whom they like. There are no dictated dining tables and times. Restaurants range from formal to casual pool-side meals, and there is a menu to suit all tastes. In addition to the restaurants, Silversea provides complimentary 24 hour room service.
Silversea Cruise Line adheres to the belief that the journey is as important as the destination. On-board entertainment includes professional theatre productions and classical concerts. Live bands play music for dancing, and the casino is a popular after-dinner attraction. Outdoor pools and a fitness center allow guests to be as active as they like, while the beauty spa provides Balinese-inspired treatments. Ships have an observation lounge, a library, complimentary facilities, a boutique and an internet cafe.
Silversea Cruise Line travels around the world to destinations in the Mediterranean, Europe, the Baltic, Asia, Alaska, the Caribbean, Canada, Australia, and the South Pacific. If a place is accessible by water, there is likely to be a Silversea cruise stopping there. Silversea’s World Cruise is the vacation of a lifetime, with 45 ports in 25 countries over 115 days.
Passengers like Silversea Cruise Line for their all-inclusive luxury. They also appreciate the high staff to passenger ratio, with nearly one staff member for every guest on board. Guests also like that Silversea Cruise Line fleet carry fewer guests than some other cruise lines, allowing a more intimate and personal vacation experience. The decor on the older ships, like the Silver Cloud and Silver Wind, felt dated to some travelers, and the cabin space is small, with little storage. On some cruises, the standard of food was erratic. The Silver Explorer’s itinerary was well-received by passengers, who enjoyed cruising to less visited part of the world. The experts who gave on-board lectures and accompanied passengers on excursions really added to their experience.